Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hello blogosphere, here comes another greenhorn.

Yesterday I turned 28.  To celebrate the monumental occasion, I gave myself a blog. 

I've been thinking about joining the blogging world for awhile now, but always quickly talked myself out of it.  I don't have the time.  Nor the energy.  Nor do I the creativity to keep anything worthwhile.  And besides, why would I want to publish my crazy thoughts in a place as public as the web where Vladamir Putin, Nancy Pelosi, or even Jack Bauer (if he were real) could read?  The excuses are plentiful, but the idea has been tucked in the back of my mind for awhile.  So now at the onset of a new year, I have decided to give it a shot.  I used to be known as www.xanga.com/forty_watt_bulb, but I decided to start something brand new.


I probably won't be posting many pictures of my kids (beings as I have none) or any great photos for that matter.  I don't have a host of creative ideas for you to glean from, so if that's what you're looking for, I believe you might be lost.  But I do find that writing something in my head is one of the best ways for me to think, so here on Marmalade, you'll be hearing a lot of whats buzzing through my head. 

I don't know what all this will become.  Maybe I'll post once and then run away and hide.  Perhaps I'll post every single day from now until the day I die.  I don't know.  But I'm plunging in.  Headfirst.  Into the deep end.

Ready or not, here I come.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Maria! Can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria dear! You're the best!:) Best of luck with the blogging, I'll be waiting with excitment to see more:):):) I hope your birthday got better last night...Welcome to being 28...and btw...good things happen in that year:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria I have always loved your thoughts I can't wait to read about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm so glad you took the plunge...i'll look forward to reading....Mary

    ReplyDelete